Lord Residential Center
Located on the west side of campus, the Grogan and Betty Lord Residential Center, which opened in the fall of 1995, provides apartment-style living for junior and senior students. Residents in this complex have the advantage of residence living combined with the privacy and quiet atmosphere that an apartment-style dwelling provides.
Its six apartment buildings contain 96 two-bedroom/two-bath units and eight one-bedroom/one-bath units. Each kitchen includes a stove, refrigerator, dishwasher and garbage disposal. Each living area features either a bay window or balcony.
The entire complex is named for Grogan and Betty Lord. Grogan Lord, a leader in Texas banking and business, began his service on Southwestern's Board of Trustees in 1958, and later served as an honorary trustee. In 1967, he received the Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters from the University.
The residential center also includes the Sharon Lord Caskey Center, named for the daughter of Grogan Lord, which houses four national sorority chapter rooms, a multipurpose lounge for student organization meetings and parties, plus kitchen and laundry facilities.