The ladies won their first home game against Howard Payne University last Tuesday with a final score of 1-0. First-year Ashley Moulder scored the team’s winning goal in the first few minutes of the second half.
“Our team gained a lot of momentum this weekend and now know the kind of effort and and intensity needed to go forth and show what we’re capable of as a team. This win is just a start for what’s to come,” said senior captain Lyndsey Resnik.
The team played two home games last weekend losing to the University of Dallas 1-2 last Sunday and Trinity 0-5 last Saturday. Senior Captain Sarah Nonaka believes these two games helped to prepare the team for last Tuesday’s win.
“Although the results from last weekend were disappointing, I believe they played an integral part in our win tonight. It is so important to learn as much as you can from every aspect of each game, good and bad in order to improve throughout the season” Nonaka said.
Jene Baclawski, head coach of the team, also keeps a positive outlook about the remainder of the season.
“The biggest thing for the girls is just pride and not giving them anything easy,” Baclawski said.
Freshman Kirsten Mazur plays center back on the team and was looking forward to playing at home last weekend.
“Everyone is excited to have home games. A lot of people are hopefully going to be there and the energy will really help us,” Kirsten Mazur said.
The women’s soccer team currently holds a record of 2-8 overall and 0-2 in conference. Despite losses, Nonaka expresses hope for future conference games.
“Hopefully with this non-conference win going into the second week of conference, we have begun to establish faith in the future and the continued success of our team for the remainder of the season,” Nonaka said.
- Pirates Prepare for Home Games: Men’s Soccer Maintains Winning Record The men’s soccer team will face off with Centenary College...
- Women’s Soccer Disappointed: Team Hold High Hopes for Future By John Stickels Last weekend the women’s soccer team competed...
- Soccer Prepares for Conference: Both Teams in Good Standing By John Stickels The men’s and women’s soccer teams are...
- Men’s Soccer Makes Comeback By John Stickels The men’s soccer team will face Austin...
- Volleyball Adds to Winning Record By John Stickels The Lady Pirates volleyball team will be...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.