By John Stickels
The men’s soccer team will face Austin College on Friday, followed by a trip to Centenary College in Louisiana on Sunday. This will be the first time the Pirates play these teams this season.
Last weekend the men’s team hosted Colorado College and the University of Dallas to open conference play. After losing the first game to Colorado College 4-0 on Friday, the men overcame a 1-0 halftime deficit on Sunday to beat Dallas 2-1, scoring their two goals in the first 15 minutes of the second half.
“The win was very satisfactory because although we did not play our best, we pulled out a win. It was a good rebound from the game against Colorado last Friday,” said junior Steven Resnik.
Senior Evan Perkins scored the equalizing goal in the first few minutes of the second half. The Pirates took the lead fifteen minutes later when junior Timothy Eamma scored the game-winning goal.
“It was great to finally win a home game. We are nearly perfect on the road and for us to come out and win was awesome. It is great to see so many fans come out to support us,” said junior Dane Beyer.
The Pirates have an overall record of 6-4, and are looking forward to the rest of the season. Senior Captain Forrest Baker notes that his team’s strength lays in the overall quality and skill of all the members on the team.
“We have a lot of very good players, we’re strong all around, and we have a lot of depth,” Baker said.
Due to the conference’s new calender, the Pirates will play their rival team, Trinity, twice this season, with the first game being at home on October 6th. The Pirates already have wins against Hardin-Simmons, UT-Dallas, and the University of Redlands (CA).
“We definitely have a chance to win the conference this season,” senior captain Evan Perkins said. “If we stay together and play the way we’ve been playing, we’ll be very good.”
- Pirates Prepare for Home Games: Men’s Soccer Maintains Winning Record The men’s soccer team will face off with Centenary College...
- New Precedent Set for Pirate Program: Men’s Soccer Finishes Second in Conference Tournement By John Stickels The Pirates advanced to the final game...
- Women’s Soccer Wins First Home Game By Hanna Kim The women’s soccer team is hitting the...
- Volleyball Adds to Winning Record By John Stickels The Lady Pirates volleyball team will be...
- Soccer Prepares for Conference: Both Teams in Good Standing By John Stickels The men’s and women’s soccer teams are...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.