Total Time (Approximately): 1 hour and 10 minutes or 1 hour and 50 minutes
Preparation: 20 minutes (with food processor), 1 hour (without food processor)
Cook: 35 to 40 minutes
• 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped small (Tip: Do before because it’s
tedious and takes a while. If you have a food processor then use it instead)
• 1/4 cup of brown sugar (separate)
• 2 tablespoons of cinnamon (separate)
• 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into pieces
1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)
Preheat oven to 350º F.
For the Filling:
1. Peel, slice, and chop apples
2. Mix the apples with the separate cinnamon and brown sugar into a bag or bowl and keep them
in the fridge until you’re ready to cook
3. Mix all the ingredients together. Place into 9 x 9 two inch pan or into 7 to 8-ounce ramekins.
1. Mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt into large bowl. Blend the butter into the
mixture until it forms pea size lumps. Stir in pecans (optional) and sprinkle over filling evenly.
2. Also if you want, you can sprinkle some more of the brown sugar and cinnamon over the even
spread, for more flavor.
3. Bake crisp for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.