Vedge Pizza.

Like this... but with better and MORE veggies.

With the clean-up intensity of last week’s recipe, and the stress-level of this week’s SU-sized workload, I decided to do something considerably less work-intense and much more kid (or, more obviously, boyfriend) -friendly. [or ((excuse my binary assumption)) really any other kitchen-dysfunctional loved ones.]

Admittedly, I am not a “pizza” fan, when referring to the greasy-fastfoody-delivery type slab covered in Mozzarella Americana. [call me a snob] but I do love flat bread, which is much closer to the original intention of pizza than the gross overhaul that now frequents sport-watching events and whatnot. [no really, I am not quite sure why anyone eats it.]

So put on some Dean Martin and pop in a movie, [{ or the superbowl, i guess }] and have your cooking accomplice (dysfunctional or not) do the rest.

Also, I put the low-fat recipe here (my accomplice is self-conscious), but obviously you can use all the full-fat products exactly the same and I’m sure it will taste a little bit more like heaven.

• 1 Pillsbury (or preferably off-brand) refrigerated low-fat crescent rolls package (it’s 8 oz)
  • 1 c room-temp cream cheese (low-fat, garden vegetable, or garlic herb are the best)
  • 1 tomato (Roma or House, whichever you prefer)*
  • 1/2 c sliced olives (generally canned)*
  • 1 bell pepper (preferably yellow or orange- NOT GREEN)
  • 1 cucumber, skinned and chopped*
  • 3/4 c chopped red onion (or about half a large red onion)
  • 1 can diced pineapple (or about 1&1/2 c fresh)
  • 1/2 c shredded carrot (fresh is best)

*i stole these from the commons (1 c halved the cherry tomatoes) and they worked out splendidly and “free”.

1. Heat oven to 375veggie pizza
  2. Roll out dough without separating the crescents, like one big rectangle, and carefully pinch together any threatening-to-separate pieces as you stretch the dough nice and thin, shooting for about 1/4″ thick– but not too thin!
  3. Pop it in the oven (middle rack) for as long as it says on the package you ended up buying, or until golden brown
  4. Prep/chop/grate/open-cans-of all veggies
  5. If you’re using plain cream cheese, mix in a little garlic powder or fresh garlic. (because I assume you love garlic as much as me)
  6. Pull dough out of oven and let cool completely (or near to)
  7. Generously spread cream cheese evenly on all of the now baked and cooled crust– right to the edge!
  8. Sprinkle all of your fix’ns onto the cream cheese evenly, especially in the corners. It should look like a rainbow at this point. Mmm.
  9. Cut in rectangles and use spatula to remove. Enjoy.

Keep in mind you can add/remove any ingredients at will, if you are allergic to something or have leftover raw zucchini/squash/broccoli, etcetera.

Happy superbowl weekend [& of course superbowl monday].

This entry was posted in Megaphood and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.