Time For Another French Film Festival

It’s that time of year again—time for the third annual Tournées Festival of French films. The festival, put on by Aaron Prevots, assistant professor of French in the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures, consists of five French films, shown every Wednesday night during the month of September. Each film is at 7 p.m. in Olin 105 and is free to Southwestern students, staff and the greater Georgetown public.

The films this year include “The Class,” “Long Songs,” “Two Days in Paris,” “Crossed Tracks,” and “The Beaches of Agnes.” Prevots chose the films from the selection available from the Tournées Film committee, and chose this year’s to fit the theme of diversity, desire, the city and storytelling. Prevots felt that his selections gave the audience a wide variety of films that also nicely complimented the courses being offered this semester at Southwestern.

“The main organizers do such a great job that this is always an enjoyable process with top films from which to choose,” said Prevots.

The next film, “Crossed Tracks,” is a “gripping, complex homage to the twists and turns of French mystery novels,” according to the festival program. It follows multiple characters as their stories weave around each other’s, with suspense building at every moment.

“‘Crossed Tracks’ is easily one of my festival favorites. The plot has great twists and turns, the acting is spot-on, the settings are beautiful and the many moods are a real treat. I have a feeling this is a film students will want to watch again after the festival – it really is that much fun,” said Prevot.

Sophomore Lauren Glass said she enjoys the film festival because “I enjoy seeing French movies that aren’t available in Georgetown. I like going to the festival because it brings a little bit of French culture to SU.” Having already seen “Crossed Tracks,” she commented that “it was a very good movie. It really treads the line between reality and fiction. Not to mention Fanny Ardant is an amazing actress.”

Funding for the festival was provided by the Tournées Festival, a program of the French American Cultural Exchange. It is also made possible with support from the Cultural
Services of the French Embassy, the French Ministry of Culture, the Florence Gould Foundation, the Grand Marnier Foundation, Highbrow Entertainment and the Franco-American
Cultural Fund.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Time For Another French Film Festival

1. I’m simply no professional, but I think you just put together a really high-quality point. You obviously understand what you are talking about, and I can quite get behind that.

2. I’m absolutely no specialist, but I suppose you just made an enormously high-quality point. You obviously know very well what youre conversing about, and I can easily quite get behind that.

3. I’m hardly any pro, nevertheless I say you just crafted an immensely high-quality point. You obviously know what youre conversing about, and I can understand your point being made

4. I’m no professional, but I reckon you just produced an incredibly high-quality point. You clearly really know what youre talking about, and I could quite get behind that.

5. Im absolutely no expert, but I reckon you just produced an exceedingly high-quality point. You plainly understand what you are talking about, and I can quite get behind that.