Spam-a-lot Is Not Just a Broadway Play

Written by Lane Hill
Megaphone Web Editor

As web editor, I thought it would be nice to add an additional element of humor that’s not related to the humor & satire of the backpage (which only occurs once in a blue moon on this site, as a special treat to our readers).

Recently, I’ve started just doing general maintenance on the website, and I realized I haven’t checked our spam filter. We had over 852 messages of spam. In just not even more then a week, we already have 30 comments that were identified to be spam. I thought it would be a good idea to show you these spam messages, just to see how bizarre they can get. None of these are made up. Italics are my comments.

From: Auto Loans. Article: Open Mic Night at Korouva

My homie who works as a Fruit and Vegetable Grader showed me your advice about The Open Mic Night at Korouva . I found other write up that told us many more things , Thank You<

From: Advanced Cash. Article: Cross Country Prepares for Conference

Thanks for great advise concerning Cross Country Prepares for Conference nearly all readers reading this are greatest for neally all people who are thankful for such superb wisdom.

From: Nicole Ritchie Article: First Issue of Megaphone Online

Hello…Man i love reading your blog, interesting posts ! it was a great Friday . Nicole Ritchie

From: Auto Loan. Article: Oral Male Contraceptives: Move Over, Condom!

My bud who is a Roofer presented to me your statistics about Oral Male Contraceptives: Move Over, Condom! ! We explored quite a bit more tips that hepled me , Thanks

Just the fact I get a funny mental picture about a roofer and a plumber looking for oral male contraceptives makes me laugh.

From: Free Online Books. Article: Who Is Barbara Kingslover?

I found your blog via Google while searching for free online books and your post regarding Who is Barbara Kingslover? looks very interesting to me. All I can say is WOW! Extremely nice layouts, awesome graphics and great articles. No matter how many times I come here, I am still impressed by the very professional appearance. Congratulations on a job well done.

Graphics? What parallel universe are you coming from?

From: Jessica. Article: SU, Party School?

labour of his own family, is really a master, and independent of all the advantage, though equally real, was not, perhaps, so well understood by all

From: Napster Legal Music. Article: Do SU Students Illegally Share Files?

Hi there Expert, what made you want to write on Do SU Students Illegally Share Files?? I was wondering, because I have been thinking about this since last Wednesday.

From: John. Article: Humor Belongs on the Backpage

Great site and useful content! Could you leave some opinion about my sites? My site [url=http://ownsite.com/b/]My site[/url] http://ownsite.com/p/ My site

Someone got lazy and didn’t fill in the bot template…

So, what did we learn today? We’re being watched by Nicole Ritchie, and spammers are annoying and lazy. It’s a good thing there is an effective spam filter in place, otherwise, I’d go insane erasing every other comment by Brittany Spears, Nicole Ritchie and John Galt.

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.