The Inquiry Initiative is dedicated to increasing and enhancing student experiences in collaborative research, in many ways the pinnacle of inquiry-based learning. We are working to foster a culture of scientific research at Southwestern in addition to promoting student investigative learning, persistence in the science, and success!
Check out these great opportunities to broaden your intellectual and personal horizons!
Southwestern’s summer student-faculty collaborative research program in Animal Behavior, Biology, Chemistry & Biochemistry, Kinesiology, Mathematics & Computer Science, and Physics.
- 8-week summer program (Mid-May through Mid-July, depending on the professor and project)
- Full-time work with full-time pay ($3,000 for the 8 weeks)
- Free, but mandatory, on-campus summer housing
- SCOPE Banquet and research presentations at conclusion of program
- Funds for travel to regional and national conferences to present research
The Inquiry Initiative is dedicated to equal opportunity and creating an inclusive learning environment in the science and math programs at Southwestern. Accordingly, we strongly encourage applications from students who are traditionally underrepresented in the sciences and welcome participants from diverse racial, ethnic, economic and religious backgrounds. Every student interested in research is encouraged to apply!