Health Services is here to provide health care and education. The overall goal is health maintenance, focusing on students' needs. The Director of Health Services is Dinorah Martinez-Anderson, R.N.
Kay In, M.D., a physician with Georgetown Medical Center clinic provides general medical services to students on Thursdays from 2 to 3 pm. Appointments can be made by calling 863-1555.
Julia Pickle, P.A.-C, is a Physician Assistant with the Georgetown Medical Center Clinic. She provides basic health care and routine women’s health care for students by appointment on Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
ALL SERVICES ARE CONFIDENTIAL.
- All new students must submit a completed Health Record Form (health history, immunization history and a physician's examination report). Click here to download these forms in PDF. This information is due to Health Services PRIOR TO REGISTRATION. Please try to have forms completed and returned by July 15.
- Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm.
- No appointment is necessary to see the nurse. Do give consideration to the above appointment times, and try to avoid coming to see the nurse while the M.D. and P.A. are here.
- For emergencies please call your personal or local physician, the emergency room at the Georgetown Hospital (943-3000), 911, the SU Police at ext. 1944, or the Campus Operator.
- This website provides important insurance information for the students of Southwestern University.
The Self-Care Corner
- The Self-Care Corner is available for self-assessment and self-treatment. The nurse is available if any questions occur, although it is not necessary to see the nurse. Condoms are also available here without charge.
- To continuously improve our services, we appreciate feedback about your most recent visit with Dinorah Martinez-Anderson, R.N. Click here to Complete the Evaluation form. Your feedback is forwarded to Health Services anonymously.
Services Provided By Health Services
- Nursing assessment and referral for illness and injury
- TB skin testing and immunization
- Td immunization
- Strep throat testing
- Evaluation & testing for mono
- Pregnancy testing
- Flu vaccine
- Diet, Nutrition, and Wellness counseling
- OTC medication with instructions for use
- Stress counseling
- Dressing, Ace Wraps, ice/heat packs, ointments, etc. for minor trauma
- Video resources on multiple health topics: Alcohol consumption, pregnancy, STD's, AIDS, Safe Sex practices, and many others. View them here or at home.
- Suture removal
- Wellness self-exams
- Birth control information and prescriptions available through a Physician Assistant appointment STD's education
- Alcohol awareness information
- Breast and testicular self-exam instruction
- Meningitis vaccine & information
In addition to the above services, Health Services tries to meet campus needs in a broader sense, with Alcohol Awareness Week, and Sexual Health peer education. If there are other areas of interest not listed, please contact our office.