Theatre Department Admission & Scholarship Auditions
- Theatre scholarships are for students majoring in Theatre.
- Awards range from $1,500 - $10,000 per year.
- Awards are renewable annually up to four years, based on satisfactory performance and continuation of the theatre major.
Audition Dates for Enrollment Fall 2013
- Saturday, November 17, 2012
A Fine Arts Admission Event has been scheduled for this day. For more information on this event, please visit http://www.southwestern.edu/admission/campusvisits/events.php
- Saturday, January 26, 2013
To schedule an audition and to receive a scholarship application, please email Allison Fannin, Fine Arts secretary, or call The Sarofim School of Fine Arts at 512-863-1504.
Auditions and design presentations should be 5 – 6 minutes total. Bring your picture, resumé, scholarship application to the audition.
ACTING: Two contrasting (comedic and dramatic) monologues – one classical and one contemporary
MUSICAL THEATRE: One contemporary monologue and two songs from the musical theatre repertoire with accompaniment CD – one ballad and one up-tempo
- DESIGN: Portfolio presentation supported by appropriate visual and written materials
- And for all scholarship applicants who audition, please submit a two page essay on what you feel the role of fine and performing arts plays in today’s world
Recipients may also be eligible for additional assistance such as academic scholarships. In addition, recipients may apply for University need based aid. For more information on financial aid and scholarships, please click here or call 1-800-252-3166.
Candidates must apply for admission to Southwestern University separately. Admission to Southwestern University must be granted in order to receive an award, however, admission status is not normally determined until after the audition deadline. This offer is void as of May 1, 2013 if you have already accepted financial aid from another college or university.