SIRA provides a variety of outdoor gear and sports equipment for check-out at no cost (a refundable deposit is required) to SU Community members. View a list of equipment available for checkout.
Policies and Procedures for Check Out Equipment:
- SIRA only issues reserved gear through scheduled appointments. To check out equipment, please make a reservation for the gear by noon on the day prior to the desired pickup - online reservation form. If you come by without an appointment or miss your scheduled appointment, SIRA cannot ensure that the office will be staffed by an employee who can issue gear in a timely manner.
- A $50 refundable deposit is required in conjunction with all equipment reservations. SIRA will accept only charges to an SU Pirate Card (a balance of $50 or more is required) or a check (made payable to "Southwestern University") for equipment deposits.
- Gear must be returned by 3:30pm on the Monday following a weekend checkout, unless arrangements for a later return are made in advance.
- SIRA will not accept any gear that is returned excessively dirty. SIRA will not return your deposit until the equipment has been properly cleaned by you.
- SIRA recommends that wet gear be air-dried before it is packed into the stuff sack to avoid mold growth.
- SIRA also recommends that no candles, lanterns, heaters, or any other fire hazards be brought inside tents (No smoking, please!!) as it creates a substantial fire risk.
- If gear is returned on time and in a satisfactory state, SIRA will return the deposit in full.
- SIRA reserves the right to assess fees for loss/damage appropriate to the retail replacement cost of the gear.
- To check out equipment, please make a reservation for the gear by noon on the day prior to the desired pickup - online reservation form.