Frequently Asked Questions
What do I want to bring with me to SU?
- personal items
- alarm clock
- study lamp
- coffee pot
- posters, decorations, etc.
- 3M Command Adhesive Strips (for hanging pictures/posters on walls in Ruter, Mabee, and Kurth)
- push pins (for hanging pictures/posters on walls in Brown-Cody)
- microwave (coordinate with roommate)
- refrigerator (less than 4.3 cubic ft.) (coordinate with roommate)
What to leave at home?
- pets (except fish)
- halogen lamps
- hot plates
- refrigerator larger than 4.3 cubic ft.
- toaster oven
What does the university provide?
Please see your individual residence hall page to see specifics on furniture provided by the University, room layouts, and dimensions.
how do i do laundry on campus?
Washers and dryers are provided in residence halls on campus. Each load is 1.00 to wash and 1.00 to dry and you can pay with quarters or pirate card.
AM I REQUIRED TO LIVE ON-CAMPUS?
There is an on-campus residency requirement at Southwestern for students who have had less than four semesters in college.