What do I want to bring with me to SU?
- personal items
- alarm clock
- study lamp
- coffee pot
- posters, decorations, etc.
- 3M Command Adhesive Strips (for hanging pictures/posters on walls in Ruter, Mabee, and Kurth)
- push pins (for hanging pictures/posters on walls in Brown-Cody)
- microwave (coordinate with roommate)
- refrigerator (less than 4.3 cubic ft.) (coordinate with roommate)
What to leave at home?
- pets (except fish)
- halogen lamps
- hot plates
- refrigerator larger than 4.3 cubic ft.
- toaster oven
What does the university provide?
Please see your individual residence hall page to see specifics on furniture provided by the University, room layouts, and dimensions.
News & Information
Is there an adult in the residence halls? What is your alcohol policy? Are there any curfews? Is there an ATM on campus? You’ve got questions: we have answers!
Southwestern students are happy with housing and overall academic experience, according to a national survey.