SU Costa Rica Program
San Joaquín de Flores, Costa Rica
Students will be able to attend a program run by Academic Programs International (API) in San Joaquín de Flores, Costa Rica. Southwestern faculty will not be present for this program. However, API has a well developed on-site structure and students will have access to an experienced support staff.
Students apply to Southwestern, not to API, directly.
- Receive credit for Spanish III and IV
- Study in a beautiful region of Costa Rica
- Live with a carefully selected host family
- Optional volunteer opportunity in the local community
- Participate in program-sponsored field trips at no additional charge
The tentative cost for this eight-week program is $5,455.
There is a $550 application deposit due at the time of application — February 1st — to the Office of Intercultural Learning. Checks should be made out to Southwestern University. Please note: should a student not be accepted to participate in the program or should the program not make, Southwestern will refund the $550 application deposit.
- Own room and meals with host family (located within walking distance of the Instituto)
- Laundry service with host family
- Program excursions to Cahuita National Park, Cartago, Lankester Gardens and the breathtaking beaches of Manuel Antonio
- Health insurance
- Tutoring sessions
- On-site support services
Click here to apply now.