Who Visits Counseling Services?
Each year, one in six SU students visits Counseling Services. In the course of 4 years at SU, one in three SU students will have seen a counselor. In counseling, students talk about many concerns including:
- Test anxiety
- Problems sleeping
- No motivation or procrastination
- Sadness, mood swings, irritability
- Losses and grief
- Relationships, loneliness
- Sex, sexual orientation
- Eating and body image
- Family and parents
- Feeling violated, abuse, sexual assault
- Feeling out of control (drugs, alcohol, internet)
- Figuring out school and life plans
- Just a place to sort through hard choices
Counselors are available to help you work through any kind of concern in a supportive, confidential setting. Any enrolled student can make use of these free services.