Custodian III, Floor Care Specialist
Date Opened: 02-07-2013
Closing Date: when filled
Southwestern University is currently accepting applications for a Custodian III, Floor Care Specialist position, Job #516, available for immediate hire. This is a year-round, full-time position working from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Primary duties include the maintenance of all administrative, athletic, and academic building floors including specific tasks such as sweeping, stripping, waxing, and polishing floors using heavy, industrial power equipment; cleaning baseboards, walls, or other areas and/or furniture or equipment; moving furniture, supplies, equipment, or other items as needed to access and clean all floor areas; and shampooing rugs and carpets as needed utilizing heavy, industrial power equipment. Other duties include maintenance of cleaning equipment, maintenance of a full inventory of appropriate cleaning supplies, assisting direct supervisor with floor care team’s cleaning schedule, and assisting with emergency duties as needed.
Successful applicants will meet the following job requirements:
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of custodial experience in a commercial environment
- Must have a thorough knowledge of floor care products and be able to adhere to OSHA safe material handling practices
- Must be able to attend work regularly according to the night-shift work schedule assigned to this position
- Must have previous experience using heavy industrial cleaning equipment, particularly floor care equipment (strippers, buffers, polishers, extractors, vacuums, etc.)
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to read and understand product warning labels and directions for use of cleaning supplies or cleaning equipment
- Must be able to understand written and verbal instructions, including verbal communication through two-way radios and/or cell phones with verbal communications conducted primarily in English
- Must be capable of making sound independent judgements in the event of an emergency situation (i.e., chemical spills, injury to self or others) according to University policies and OSHA guidelines
- Must be able and willing to work overtime as needed
- Must be flexible with hours to accommodate university events and activities.
Southwestern University provides the following BENEFITS for these year-round, full-time positions: UNIVERSITY-PAID INSURANCE, RETIREMENT, VACATION, SICK TIME, PAID HOLIDAYS, TUITION ASSISTANCE and more!!
Applications may be obtained from Southwestern University, Office of Human Resources, Cullen Building, at the corner of University and Maple Avenue, Georgetown, TX. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of the University’s Background Check Policy process. Southwestern University is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F
Posted February 07, 2013.