Part-time Cheerleading Coach
Date Opened: 1-4-2013
Closing Date: when filled
Southwestern University has an opening for a part-time Cheerleading Coach (6-10 hours/week) in its Intramural and Recreational Activities Department. This position is expected to start March 1, 2013 and go through May 15, 2013, then resume in August for the 2013-14 academic year. This part-time position is not eligible for benefits. This is Job #513.
As a sports club coach, responsibilities include:
- Organize and supervise weekly practices for both the Cheerleaders and the SU Dancers that develop club member skills and enhance physical conditioning while maximizing safety of all involved.
- Insure that the required level of first aid/CPR coverage exists for all scheduled events and implement proper emergency procedures to treat any injuries that may occur at an event.
- Serve as advisor to each clubs’ student officers and assist them with the development of schedules, equipment inventories, budget requests, and all other aspects of club administration.
- Organizing activities (primary game day involvement is with football and basketball seasons) during both fall and spring semesters each year.
- Preference for candidates with past experience leading high school or college participants in cheerleading and/or dance activities. Significant experience as a participant in cheerleading may be substituted if the applicant has other leadership experience with young adults.
- Certification in American Red Cross Adult CPR and First Aid is required. If not currently certified, must become certified within 30 days of hire. Note: This training will be provided by the University at no cost to the employee.
- Certification in American Association of Cheerleading Coaches and Advisors (AACCA) Safety Training is required. If not currently certified, must become certified within 30 days of hire.
- The ability to promote cohesion among clubs and club members while motivating individual club members to high levels of achievement.
To apply: Interested persons may submit a letter of interest; resume; the names, email addresses and phone numbers of three professional references; and salary history and expectation to: Cheerleading Coach, Job #513, Southwestern University, P.O. Box 770, Georgetown, TX, 78627-0770, or FAX: 512-863-1880, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Only those applications that include all the information requested will be considered. Southwestern University is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F
Posted January 07, 2013.