2014 Sprog Days
What is a Sprog? A Sprog is a new pirate, or one who is still getting his or her sea-legs, if you will. To help you prepare for a Pirate’s life (exclusively for deposited students), our Sprog Day events help train you for the Fall semester ahead.
We encourage students to try to attend one of the Sprog Day events below. Doing so will ensure the smoothest enrollment experience for you,especially in understanding how the Southwestern curriculum works, and how your first-semester schedule could look.
For Pirates only, these events are exclusively for students who have determined they will be attending Southwestern in the Fall. If you have not yet done so, please submit your enrollment deposit. Then, review the dates below to find the option that best fits your schedule.
On Campus Sprog Day Programs
Activities at these events include:
- One-on-one advising appointment to discuss and plan your fall schedule
- Real-TIme On-site Registration
- Walking Tour of Campus, and a “Sneak Peek” at the first-year residence halls.
- Financial Aid Presentation and Q&A
- Your Pirate Card/Student ID
- Register Your SUeID (giving you access to the mySouthwestern campus portal , Webmail, WebAdvisor, Campus Notices, etc.)
- Health Services Presentation
- Networking with Alumni and Current Students
Any questions? Please feel free to call us at 800-252-3166, or contact your Admission Counselor by e-mail.
Please note: Sprog Day events are not a required for all new students. During Orientation week, students will have the opportunity to meet with their academic advisor, discuss their schedule and degree plans, and make any needed changes to their Fall schedule at that time.