Perkins Chapel Available for Public Weddings
University extends chapel use beyond the campus community
Southwestern University has announced the opening of the Lois Perkins Chapel for public weddings.
The chapel’s architectural design, excellent acoustics, and placement in the center of the Southwestern University campus make it a beautiful setting for a wedding celebration. Dedicated in 1950, the Gothic-inspired chapel stands three stories high and is built of native Texas limestone. The stained-glass windows in the chapel were modeled after stained-glass windows in the great churches of Europe, and feature depictions of Christ ministering to the needs of man, images of Methodist and Protestant leaders, and monograms of the four Gospels in the form of a Greek cross. The chapel has an Aeolian Skinner organ and seats approximately 650 guests.
A separate lounge and garden featuring a sculpture by Charles Umlauf are located on the east side of the chapel.
Half-day and full-day reservations are available and can be made up to one year in advance. The chapel is available year round with the exception of holidays, university closings and the month of August. For more information, visit http://www.southwestern.edu/wedding.