Research Study Rooms
There are several Research Study Rooms located in the A. Frank Smith, Jr., Library Center for Southwestern University faculty who need close access to library materials for an extended period of time.
- The rooms are assigned on a first come, first-served basis.
- Research Study Rooms may be reserved for up to one semester or for the summer period through the Coordinator of Audiovisual Services . Reservations for periods longer than one semester should be requested in writing through the Dean of the Library Center.
- Clients must vacate the Research Study Room by 5:00pm on the Monday following the final day of the semester unless other arrangements are made with the Coordinator of Audiovisual Services.
- Library Staff will respect the privacy of Research Study Room clients and not enter the rooms other than for periodic inspection, security, maintenance, or for the recovery of library materials or equipment.
- Research Study Room clients must notify the library circulation desk staff if they are going to be out of town for an extended period of time.
- Library materials that have not been checked out at the circulation desk must not be kept in a Library Research Room for more than 24 hours. Library Center staff reserve the right to periodically inspect all Research Study Rooms and remove library materials that have not been properly checked out.
- Food items may not be stored in Research Study Rooms.
- We do not recommend long term storage of critical research data, computer files, expensive personal items, laptop computers, or other irreplaceable items in the rooms. Be sure to lock your Research Study Room door, even when leaving for just a few minutes.
- The schedule of Library Center hours is posted at the building entrances and the Circulation Desk and can be found here. It is the responsibility of all Research Study Room occupants to make sure that they vacate the building 15 minutes prior to closing of the Library Center. Access to Research Study Rooms is not available when library staff are not on duty unless prior arrangements have been made with the Dean of the Library Center.
Questions regarding Research Study Room policy should be referred to the Coordinator of Audiovisual Services (x1566) .