The library participates in the TexShare Card Program.
Please note the following information before you come to apply for a card.
Information for SU students, faculty and staff
- You must present your SU I.D. at the InfoDesk when requesting a TexShare Card.
- Student TexShare cards are issued any hours the InfoDesk is staffed.
- SU faculty and staff TexShare cards are only issued between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday when a supervisor is on duty. Student assistants are not authorized to issue cards to faculty or staff. Southwestern University staff, faculty, and students may apply for a TexShare card by using this form. We will notify you when your card is ready to be picked up at the InfoDesk.
- Before you head off to another library with your TexShare card, be sure to review their lending policy for hours of availability, etc. at https://www.tsl.state.tx.us/texshare/libsearch/index.php.
Information for borrowers from other libraries
- TexShare cards are only issued between 8 - 12 and 1 - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, when a supervisor is on duty. Student assistants are not authorized to issue cards.
- If you fill out an application for a card after 9 p.m. weekdays or on the weekend your card will be processed as soon as possible within the next 48 hours. We will notify you when your card is ready.
- You will need to show a photo I.D. verifying an age of 18 or older, current borrower’s card from your home library, and current TexShare card from your home library with your application. Please check the expiration date before you arrive.
-For a copy of our lending policies go to https://www.tsl.state.tx.us/texshare/libsearch/searchResults.php?orgId=329&listLendingPolicies=yes