You can create PDF documents from almost any application you use on your computer. PDF documents are created through a process similar to printing so you will usually NOT find PDF as a file type in a Save window.
For Macintosh users:
Creation of PDF documents is native to Mac OS X so no additional software or configuration is needed.
For Windows XP users:
- Choose Print from your application's File menu
- Click the PDF button located at the lower left of the Print window.
- Choose Save as PDF... from the drop down menu.
- Enter the name you want for the name of the PDF document, choose the location and click Save.
To create PDF documents, a PDF "printer" needs to be installed on your computer.
- Go to http
- Click Free Download
on the left side of the window.
- Click Save File
- Open the file you have just downloaded - the name is CuteWriter.exe
- If you receive security type messages choose OK and/or Run
- Choose Next in the Setup - CutePDF Writer window
- Choose I accept the agreement and click Next
- Click Install
- At the notice "CutePDF Writer must be used with PS2PDF converter." ..., choose Yes.
- After a few seconds, you may notice a momentary flash of a black window - this means the setup is complete.
- It is recommended you Restart your computer now before continuing.
- Open the document from which you want to create a PDF document.
- Choose Print from the application's File menu
- Choose CutePDF Writer from the drop down menu adjacent to Name: in the Printer section of the Print window.
- Click OK.
- Enter a name for your PDF document, choose the location and click Save.