TexShare Card Program
The library participates in the TexShare Card Program.
Please note the following information before you come to apply for a card.
Information for SU students, faculty and staff
- You must present your SU I.D. at the Circulation Desk when requesting a TexShare Card.
- SU students can get a TexShare card during any hours the library is open.
- SU faculty and staff TexShare cards are only issued between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday when a Circulation Supervisor is on duty. Student assistants are not authorized to issue cards to faculty or staff.
- Before you head off to another library with your TexShare card, be sure to review their lending policy, for hours of availability, etc. at http://www.tsl.state.tx.us/texshare/librarylisting_academic.html.
Information for borrowers from other libraries
- TexShare cards are only issued between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, when a Circulation Supervisor is on duty. Student assistants are not authorized to issue cards.
- If you fill out an application for a card after 4:45 p.m. weekdays or on the weekend your card will be processed as soon as possible within the next 48 hours. We will notify you when your card is ready.
- You will need to show a photo I.D., current borrower’s card from your home library, and current TexShare card from your home library with your application.
- To view our complete TexShare lending policy, go to http://www.tsl.state.tx.us/texshare/lendpol/swesternu.html.