Smith Library Center, Room 205
The Prothro Room, located on the second floor of the Library Center, seats up to 45 people.
To schedule the Prothro Room, complete an online event request. Use of the Prothro Room for large groups or long duration events should be thoroughly discussed with the Library Facility Coordinator prior to publicizing the event.
Hours of Operation
The Prothro Room is available for use during the Library Center’s regular operating hours. These hours vary during the academic year.
Functions may not be scheduled when the Library Center is closed unless advance written authorization is obtained from the Dean of the Library Center.
Regulations for Use
1. Reservations for use of the Prothro Room and other Library Center rooms must be made by the sponsoring organization and approved by the Library Center Facility Coordinator at least five working days in advance of the meeting or event. Ten working days notice is required for weekend events.
2. One person from the sponsoring organization should be designated as the sole individual responsible for all event-related communications with the Library Facility Coordinator.
3. Library Center policy requires that all non-university persons entering the library must register at the Circulation Desk. Organizers of events with more than six non-university participants must provide an individual to register and direct participants as they enter the Library Center.
4. No decorations may be placed on the walls, windows, or furniture of the Prothro Room or any other Library Center room. Furniture may be configured as needed for a meeting or event, but theorganization conducting the meeting or event must return the room to its original configuration following the event. Requirements for supplemental furnishings should be discussed with the Library Facilities Coordinator prior to contacting Physical Plant.
5. All event materials, supplemental furnishings, and trash must be removed from the room at the conclusion of the event.
6. Food and drink are not permitted in any meeting room, study room, or classroom in the Library Center. The Library Center Student Lounge is the only room in the building where food and drink may be offered or consumed in conjunction with a meeting or event.
7. Smoking and the use of other tobacco products is prohibited by state law in the Library Center. University regulations also prohibit the use of candles in the Library Center.
8. The consumption, possession, or distribution of alcoholic beverages in the Library Center is prohibited by university regulation.
9. The Library Center is a facility for study and research. As a courtesy to other Library Center patrons, meetings and events should be conducted so as not to interfere with the quiet and decorum of the Library Center environment. Participants should also be made aware of the need for quiet when entering and leaving the building.