Last Year's Impact
In addition to celebrating the 175th anniversary of the signing of Southwestern’s original charter, the University celebrated an incredible year of fundraising success.
Fiscal Year 2014-15
Includes gifts and commitments received July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015
Thank you to all of Southwestern’s donors and friends for making this year so remarkable.
- The $5.1 million gift from Margaret Odiorne kicked off of the “Five in Five Campaign” which challenged the Southwestern community to match Mrs. Odiorne’s generous gift during the final five months of Southwestern’s fiscal year. The University received a total of $5,325,628 in outright and deferred gift support during this campaign period.
- The Southwestern Fund ended the year more than $200,000 over goal, realizing increases in Alumni Participation, Parent Participation and Faculty/Staff Participation levels.
- A $614,000 NSF Grant was awarded to Southwestern to support scholarships for students from under-represented groups who are studying Physics, Math or Computer Science.
- 12 planned gifts were documented in 2014-2015 totaling $5,748,538 and 9 new households joined Southwestern’s 1840 Society.
- During the spring, The Greater Austin Association announced its own endowed scholarship fund, created by an Austin alumni couple to provide scholarship help to Austin area students, and by the close of June a total of $31,520 had already been raised for the scholarship.
- Over 20% of the general student body made a gift to Southwestern this year, while 87% of the Class of 2015 contributed to a Senior Gift of over $3600.
- 196 parents participated in a 2014 year end challenge, contributing $47,000.