Recent Gifts and Grants
Foundation supporters provide essential gifts for key initiatives at Southwestern.
Ralph H. and Ruth J. McCullough Fund $20,000 April 2013
- The McCullough Fund made a $20,000 gift toward the completion of the Coach Jim Mallon Baseball Field House.
Associated Colleges of the South $32,000 and $8,000 April 2013
- The Associated Colleges of the South made a final payment of $32,000 toward its support of an Environmental Studies Teaching Fellow at Southwestern. The two-year program assisted Southwestern in adding environmental chemistry modules to its curriculum.
- Two additional grants of $4,000 each will support Blended Learning projects in the 2013-14 Academic Year, adding on-line elements to traditional classroom instruction.
The Dallas Foundation $22,500 April 2013
- Of this $22,500 gift from The Dallas Foundation, $20,000 was directed toward The Southwestern Fund and $2,500 was directed toward fine arts initiatives. This gift was made at the direction of a Southwestern trustee and his wife.
Perkins-Prothro Foundation $100,000 April 2013
- Perkins-Prothro Foundation made a $100,000 gift toward the Jake & Jane Schrum Paideia Fund, in honor of the Schrum’s retirement. This fund supports scholarships and a fellowship program bringing distinguished professionals to campus to work with Paideia seminars.
The Fondren Foundation $62,500 April 2013
- The Fondren Foundation made a $62,500 pledge payment toward its $1 million gift supporting a new science center at Southwestern.
The Grogan Lord Foundation $100,000 and $1,612,910 April 2013
- The Grogan Lord Foundation made a $100,000 gift toward the Jake & Jane Schrum Paideia Fund, to honor the upcoming retirement from Southwestern of President Schrum on June 30, 2013. The Lord Foundation also made an unrestricted gift valued at $1.6 million to Southwestern’s endowment.
J.S. Bridwell Foundation $100,000 April 2013
- The Bridwell Foundation made a $100,000 gift toward the Mabee Challenge for the construction of Phase I of Southwestern’s new science center.
James S. Kemper Foundation $12,900 April 2013
- The James S. Kemper Foundation made two gifts totaling $12,900 to support the summer internship experiences of the two rising seniors who are Kemper Scholars.
James A. & L. Doris Williams Scholarship Foundation $30,000 March 2013
- The James A. & L. Doris Williams Scholarship Foundation granted $30,000 for scholarships for transfer students.
The Cullen Trust for Higher Education $500,000 March 2013
- The Cullen Trust for Higher Education granted $500,000 to support the Coach Jim Mallon Baseball Field House project, the Cullen building renovation, and the Varsity Locker Room renovation in the Robertson Center.
- An alumna from the Class of 1967 documented her bequest to Southwestern for $100,000 to establish an endowed scholarship fund to benefit students seeking a teaching certificate for grades 4 - 8. April 2013
- First Texas Bank in Georgetown, TX gave $10,164 to Athletics and the Dixon Minority Scholarship Fund. April 2013
- A Board of Trustee and his wife from Houston made a $245,233.50 gift to the Paideia Endowed Scholarship Fund. April 2013
- Group Two Architecture, Inc. in Austin, TX made gifts of $29,500 for capital projects. April 2013
- An alumni couple in St. Louis, MO, Class of 1971, gave $15,000 to the Science Center. April 2013
- Current parents in Austin, TX made a $25,000 gift to the Science Center. April 2013
- Significance Foundation made a $15,689.57 gift to the Dr. Seng & Helen Ooi Endowed Scholarship Fund. April 2013
- An alumni couple in Austin, TX, Class of 1981 and 1983, gave $50,000 to the Jake and Jane Schrum Paideia Fund. April 2013
- An alumnus in Newark, CA, Class of 2000, gave $10,000 to the Science Center. April 2013
- An alumna from Houston contributed $10,000 as a pledge payment in support of Football. March 2013
- An alumni couple in Fort Worth gave $10,000 to the Schrum Paideia Fund. March 2013
- An alumnus in Nashville contributed $10,000 to the Lucy Bedinger Finch Endowed Scholarship Fund. March 2013
- A friend in Wichita Falls contributed $50,000 to the Schrum Paideia Fund. March 2013
- Parents of a graduate, from Dallas, contributed $20,000 to the Southwestern Fund for Scholarships. March 2013