At the heart of Southwestern’s Environmental Studies Program lie a list of provocative and urgent questions, awaiting students who are up to the challenge of investigating them.
- What is humankind’s relationship to our environment?
- How do natural systems operate?
- What are some of today’s most pressing environmental issues?
- How do we address the complicated issue of environmental justice?
- What are key environmental issues on the Southwestern campus and in Central Texas?
From these starting points, Environmental Studies students begin an examination of the world around them that can carry on through their time at Southwestern and into their lives beyond the classroom.
Environmental studies major wants to gain language skills to work in environmental protection
Southwestern student is attending an international climate change conference in the Middle East