Southwestern evaluates all candidates in a comprehensive way using multiple factors to help us reach our admission decisions. Interested students should complete and submit either The Common Application for Transfer Students or the Apply Texas application by the posted deadlines.
We do not require application supplements, but do, however, encourage the optional Instructor Recommendation and Parent/ Guardian Recommendation forms.
In order to complete your application for admission to Southwestern, please submit the following documents:
- A completed application for admission (Common Application or Apply Texas).
- A personal essay. (Please note: This requirement is met if you submit an essay as part of your online application for admission.)
- An official copy of the final secondary school transcript/GED certificate (faxed copies are not sufficient)
- Official copies of all college transcripts (faxed copies are not sufficient)
- Official SAT/ACT scores (may be listed on the back of the high school transcript)
- College Official’s Form or Teacher/Instructor Evaluation
You may also wish to complete the following information, although it is not a required part of the admission process:
- Free Application for Federal Student Assistance - if you are intending to apply for need-based financial aid (note: this link takes you to another web site)
Sending in Application Materials
Official Transcripts, Test Scores, Essays or Recommendation Letters can be mailed in to the following address:
Office of Admission
P.O. Box 770
Georgetown, TX 78626