SU Student Ambassadors
Southwestern through our students’ lens.
The Video Lens
Professor Veerkamp explains the idea behind the Empty Bowl Project, an international movement led by potters to raise awareness about hunger issues and funding to support organizations who provide food security. More information about this great movement can be found at www.emptybowls.net.
Civic engagement is core to #BeSouthwestern.
The Photo Lens
Bent reveals the brutality faced by gay men during the holocaust. The show was incredibly performed and absolutely devastating to watch. Everyone who worked on this show did an amazing job.
Students who received a King Creativity Fund grant presented their projects at a symposium held on Tuesday, April 8, 2014.
SU Homecoming brought out a crowd! This year we had the parade and a pep rally on the Georgetown square. Students, faculty, staff, and alumni tailgated in camaraderie before cheering at the homecoming football game. Student organizations got to compete in cut-throat challenges for the Homecoming Cup! These competitions included making parade floats and banners, and a dodgeball tournament. APO and ZETA dominated the Homecoming Activities.
The Twitter Lens
- MaddieHatters: Student soloist recital in 3… 2… Hurry and get here guys! #ATT #SUAmbassador
- Cody18C: RT @nyrhtakk: We are so ready for a day full of BIG Eventing. #onebigday15 #SUambassador http://t.co/66VGvwNZLa
- Cody18C: RT @nyrhtakk: Chadron State is "creating tradition by influence"; I absolutely love that. We're doing that with @SUTheBIGEvent. #onebigday1…
- nyrhtakk: Chadron State is "creating tradition by influence"; I absolutely love that. We're doing that with @SUTheBIGEvent. #onebigday15 #SUambassador
- nyrhtakk: We are so ready for a day full of BIG Eventing. #onebigday15 #SUambassador http://t.co/66VGvwNZLa