Important details about the registration and add/drop process. It is most important that you understand the registration process and adhere to all deadlines.
Registration for most students begins with pre-registration in the preceding semester. Pre-registration schedules are determined by credit hours completed and other factors. For best course selection, you should register during your scheduled time in which you have priority.
Prior to your registration period, you should consult with your advisor and obtain necessary permissions. You should also ensure that there are no holds, financial or otherwise, on your record as they may delay your registration. Be Prepared!
Consult the Catalog (link in right margin) for help in planning your schedule. Remember that you must be registered for at least 12 credits to be considered a full-time student. Your status is a critical factor in determining your eligibility for financial aid.
News from the Registrar
- Dates for Spring 2013 Registration
- Dates for Summer-Fall 2012 Registration for Continuing Students
- Department Chairs for 2012-2013.
Course schedule browsing and searches for courses appropriate for first year students, Distribution Requirements etc may be found via the Web Advisor tab within the Southwestern Portal my.southwestern.edu. For direct access, use https://wa.southwestern.edu:8446/LIVE/WebAdvisor, and click the LogIn button in the upper right.
Be sure to use the SU Search for Classes to see all the extra information on courses, and use the Course Type to select courses that meet your needs.
- Visitors may use Guest Access to Web Advisor where SU Search for Classes provides the same capability.
- PDF Informal Snapshot - Oct. 19, 2012 - Spring 2013 Course Schedule
- PDF Informal Snapshot - March 25, 2012 - Fall and Summer 2012 Course Schedule
- . . . . . . check Web Advisor for changes.
- PDF Informal Snapshot - Oct 13, 2011 - Spring 2012 Course Schedule
For information about textbooks for specific courses, go to the SU Bookstore, and click the Buy Textbooks link at the bottom of the page. Select the semester, then search by department. One may also click on the section number in Web Advisor's SU Search for Sections to reach an information screen about that section, which includes a link to the Bookstore's textbook information for that course or section.
Tips for Finding Courses
Try SU Search for Classes in the Portal for the 4 searches below. You may also search by department or by instructor.
- First Year Students. Use SU Search for Sections in Web Advisor and specify course type.
- Division Requirements (e.g. Nat Sci w Lab). Use SU Search for Sections and specify course type.
- Intercultural Perspectives, Social Justice or Writing Attentive (WA). Use SU Search for Sections.
- Web Registration Tips (link)
- Summer 2012 Dates and Information
- ** Note, to see Most/ALL sections for May or June Term in Web Advisor, select the term AND classes starting after 5 AM.
- Summer-Fall 2012 Registration Information (Mar 26 - Apr 11) for Continuing Students
- Spring 2013 Registration Info (Oct 24 - Nov 6)
- Daily Schedule Planning Chart effective Fall 2011
|Nov 20, 2012||Spring Bills Mailed|
|Dec 7, 2012||Spring Tuition Due|
|Dec 31, 2012||Registrar Retires!|
Jan 14, 2013
|Spring Classes Begin|