Operation Achievement is a mentoring and enrichment program which assists selected 6th through 8th grade students in the Georgetown Independent School District to develop the discipline and motivation necessary for academic success.
This partnership between Southwestern University and Georgetown Independent School District brings selected students to meet weekly with Southwestern University student mentors. Students develop an academic study plan based on student goals, teacher/parent recommendations and individual learning needs.
Georgetown Independent School District is committed to:
- Promoting the Operation Achievement program on their campuses
- Providing transportation for the students to Southwestern University
- Providing a contact person on each campus to assist with monitoring the progress of program participants
Southwestern University and its mentors are committed to:
- Providing college mentors who will work with participants on a weekly basis to develop better study habits, time management skills and critical thinking skills
- Serving as role models for the students, providing them with the opportunity to participate in educational, cultural, social and recreational activities that will broaden their vision of the world
Each GISD student participant is committed to:
- Attending regularly scheduled sessions
- Bringing required materials to each session
- Being enthusiastic, motivated and giving his/her best effort at each session
The Parent/Guardian of a student participant is committed to:
- Encouraging their child to regularly attend sessions by asking them about their time on campus
- Providing prompt transportation home from Southwestern University at the end of the scheduled session